Last week, Diana painted this fantastic portrait of a classmate.
She worked on the painting for 4 days, with some frustration and lots of persistence. She used these strategies to achieve success:
- drawing basic shapes
- researching face proportions
- observing and photographing the person
- adding details and outlines
- asking Miss Davies for advice
- adding shadows and highights
- mixing colors and tones
- using different brushstrokes
What do you like about this painting?
Can you recognise a famous artist’s style here?